[Wine] How change locate the C:/

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jan 28 09:11:40 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:25 PM, verba <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I had installed the Wine... but in that time, whose in my computer included USB-driver... Now, when i get USB-driver from computer - Wine don't work, actually

> P.S.Sorry about my english [Embarassed] [/img]
If driver is meant as in piece of software that allows other software
to talk to hardware, it probably won't work on Wine. Wine does not
support Windows drivers...

If you want to access an external drive (external hard disk / flash
drive), it should be mounted in Linux (which may / may not happen
automatically, depending on your distributtion) and you should be able
to access it through the Z:\ from wine. You can also set up another
drive letter for it from winecfg.

If you try to change Wine drive C to your Windows drive C, read the FAQ.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-497f1a295d53dd3444f211df2b13312c7767afa2

Gert