[Wine] WINE and GeForce 8800GTS

zubi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 28 21:17:57 CST 2009

Hi Everybody!

I am a linux noob and I am trying to get some steam games working up to par with my video card  in wine. I have WINE installed and I have steam installed with DoD:Source as a test subject.

I am running Ubuntu 8.10, and I have the NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (ver 177) installed. EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS graphics card.

I believe that I need to do a tweak or two to get openGL working correctly but im not exactly sure what to do. Can someone point me in the right direction?