[Wine] Dead keys do not work

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Thu Jan 29 22:01:11 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:56 PM, nonobstant <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I keep on answering myself, tough I have not found the solution yet.
> I have noticed that dead keys did not work on my identy on Ubuntu but they did work under a different identity. I've trie to reinstall Wine. But things did not change.
> Strange.
> Any help ?

This seem to actually be a Ubuntu issue, rather than a Wine issue, but anyway...
Have look at your keyboard layout setting... (Preferences > Keyboard)

Under layouts, check the keyboard model and the layout (Mine, for the
occational Afrikaans, has the layout set to USA International (AltGr
dead keys) which requires right Alt / AltGr with the deadkeys in order
for it to work)

Under France there is quite a few layout options...

Gert