[Wine] thanks for the help guys

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 14:06:04 CST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 1:50 PM, schurtek <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> this was the first time I ever needed help with wine, and I get chased away... I get attitude and nothing more...
>
> I always thought WINE was a project like other GNU projects, with fellowship and support for each other... but I just get sodded off...
>
> I am now sitting with a game, which YOUR website claims runs in YOUR software, but I can't get it to run, and YOU won't advise me...
>
> looks like Windows is a better bet after all...

You had one comment telling you to not use PlayonLinux, which Wine
doesn't support. That's hardly 'attitude'.

OUR website says to not use PlayonLinux, so going by your logic, we
DON'T support YOUR software.

Wine is a volunteer project, no one is REQUIRED to help/advise you.

If you want someone to hold your hand and tell you it's all going to
be okay, you're the most important person in the world, and we'll fix
all your problems because you're so special, ask your mother.

If you want advice, ask nicely, and try what we tell you. Start by
removing/disabling PlayonLinux, upgrade to 1.1.14 if you haven't
already, retest in a clean ~/.wine and check the AppDB for your
program.

--
-Austin