[Wine] Darwine stopped working

slrman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 31 15:31:12 CST 2009

I downloaded and installed Darwin 1.1.5 to run Sturmovik IL2 1946.  It worked fine yesterday but today, it will not load the application.  Everything seems to start normally, but I get the following message in the Wine Log:

err:module:attach_process_dlls "gdi32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\Applications\\Ubisoft\\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\\il2fb.exe" failed, status c0000005

I have reloaded the application from the back-up disk, reloaded Darwine, restarted the computer, but nothing seems to work.

Is there something else I should try?   :(