[Wine] Newbie can't install Office 2003

chunnel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 2 03:39:03 CDT 2009

After 6 months of trying to understand how to configure a triple boot with Window 7, Vista and Ubuntu, I have had success.  Previously, I had no idea how to get Ubuntu or SUSE to see the data on my NTFS drives, nor could I get the triple boot setup to work or even a dual boot with Vista to work for many various reasons.  So now I am up and running and although I have been listed as a maintainer on Office 2003, I have never posted anything, because I couldn't get Linux working in the fashion I wanted.  Now I have followed the instructions to install Wine and it is installed, but I have no idea how to install Office 2003.  I have tried clicking on setup, but get an error message.  I understand that the setup and installation works already, so I must be doing something wrong.  I cannot find any information on this website as to how to install a Windows program through Wine, just how to install Wine and how to report problems or try to debug.  I'm hoping that I will not have to be responsible for debugging as that is beyond my abilities.  I just want to install this and report the problems and provide info so that they may be able to do so.  If that is not the job of a maintainer, then I also need to know that now.

Sorry for the long dialogue.  Thank you in advance for the help.