[Wine] what is it

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 07:04:01 CDT 2009

2009/7/3 sedoyksa <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> what does it mean
>

> Code:
> sed at sed-desktop:~$ wine /media/disk-1/games/Live\
> Billiards/LiveBilliards.exe
> fixme:atl:AtlModuleInit SEMI-STUB (0x335238 0x335000 0x330000)
> fixme:atl:AtlModuleInit SEMI-STUB (0x335238 0x335000 0x330000)
> sed at sed-desktop:~$
>

> the program does not run
>

> stub function means (if I remember correctly that is) that there is only
empty function definition that doesn't actually do anything (this is needed
because we would get errors like “Function XXX not found in DLL YYY”, funny
thing is – many program actually works perfectly even thou there are many
stubs reported ), semi stub probably means that this function only partially
do what it suppose to do. However, this doesn't mean stub is the cause of
crash.

Try running your app again but either go to app dir first, or try running it
like this:

wine start /Unix “/media/disk-1/games/Live\ Billiards/LiveBilliards.exe”