[Wine] Call for volunteers

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 10:53:34 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 7:08 AM, James Huk<huk256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/22 fcmartins <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
>> austin987 wrote:
>> >
>> > Was only partly cynical, I didn't know the forum source wasn't on the
>> > website. Sorry about that, didn't mean any harm ;-).
>> >
>> That was very honest of you!
>> I understand that you were not convinced by the ideas proposed, but I
>> believe in them and I felt the changes needed were within my time
>> limitations and my little PHP knowledge (I use zope/python occasionally and
>> PHP very rarely). Unfortunately, with PHPBB in the mix, it changes
>> significantly the task (I already looked for one hour to its code). I'm not
>> sure it can be done without investing too much time to learn PHPBB.
>> One question about bug testing – should we test for specific bug with every
> new wine release, or should we use some interval between testing (I don't
> know... say 3 wine releases)? Which approach is more preferable for wine
> devs?

For the bugs in the list? Or your personal bugs?

For bugs in the list, it's automatically selected by bugs that haven't
been touched in 3 months or more (roughly 6 releases).

For your personal bugs, that's up to you, but I'd say at least every 3
versions or so. Each version of wine has several hundred patches, so
there's always a chance your bug is fixed. Of course, wine is a huge
project so several hundred patches can easily be committed and not
touch the area of code needed. But as they say...the squeakiest wheel
gets the grease...