[Wine] RAS -- workaround/substitute?

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 15:43:08 CDT 2009

On 07/04/2009 10:53 AM, vitamin wrote:
> walt wrote:
>> I have an app that almost-but-not-quite works under wine.
>
> What sort of app? What it's doing?

It's the one I posted about on June 21:

CitiFX Pro is a foreign currency trading platform recently bought
by CitiBank:

http://mitsweb.iitech.dk/downloads/sim/installations/citibank/en/CitiFXPro_webdeploy.exe

At the point of failure it seems to be connecting to its data server
in Denmark.  At that point it's already past the login that checks my
name and password, so it's a different kind of login.

> RAS is totally not implemented in Wine. If anything depends on it, it won't work.

Can you offer a guess why this app might be using RAS instead of
whatever most similar apps use these days?