[Wine] Getting SimCity 3000 to work in wine

David2010 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 5 12:10:20 CDT 2009

Ok for some reason all the newer wine versions have a broken D3D_Surface that prevents SimCity 3000 from even starting well here is the trick I did to get it to work for me.

I used the Wine version 0.9.14 for Ubuntu instead of using the newer version and it works great.

Although I had to download a few extra dependencies to get that version of wine to work.

I remember when I could get SimCity 3000 to work with a Windows 98 computer with a 200MHZ processor and 100MB ram.

but I am currently running it on an old P4 1.8GHZ processor with 1GB of ram with Ubuntu installed and it works GREAT!