[Wine] Re: Tmax Window(a propietary OS) using Wine?

nengad24 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 7 13:23:22 CDT 2009

> Not too many people speak Korean here, that I know of. Perhaps you
> should contact the FSF?

Well, i am just following the guidelines when finding a probably case of GPL/LGPL violation:

> "You should report it. First, check the facts as best you can. Then tell the publisher or copyright holder of the specific GPL-covered program. If that is the Free Software Foundation, write to <license-violation at gnu.org>. Otherwise, the program's maintainer may be the copyright holder, or else could tell you how to contact the copyright holder, so report it to the maintainer. "

In this case the Copyright Holder is Wine project. Reporting to Wine project:Done :)
Maybe Moderators must be the ones who has to report to Julliard.

> "The copyright holder is the one who is legally authorized to take action to enforce the license."

That means i dont have any kind of Legal power to reach FSF. Any complain must be sent from the "Wine Project" representatives.

> "Once you have collected the details, you should send a precise report to the copyright holder "

This process means: dissassembling the binary code and checking against the current Wine code. I can do it, but this is a work that should be done by "Wine Project",they know better than me Wine code.

So I'm sorry,but i can´t go further.

All the quotes are extracted from:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html