[Wine] OLE error 80004001

abb4 bombadil at dds.nl
Tue Jul 7 13:13:44 CDT 2009

dimesio wrote:

> Vdownloader

Hi
I did a quick test in an "old" albumplayer bottle and it worked for me.
I was able to download a youtube video and the program converted it to avi.
Browsing is a bit slow, flash sometimes skippy.
Nice little program

Wine 1.1.25
I installed with winetricks
 "sh winetricks gecko corefonts mdac28 jet40 msxml4"

I also installed internet explorer 7 in that bottle
for that I installed
 "sh winetricks comctl32 comctl32.ocx corefonts gdiplus gecko msls31 msxml3
msxml4 msxml6 riched20 riched30 tahoma"
see:
http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/applications/ie-7-on-linux-with-wine.html

Don't know what it is you need to run the program, just know it runs with
(all of) the above installed
Some testing to be done.

I also installed MS Windows Scripting Host 5.6 to get rid of the script
errors

Sucked that partypoker.com managed to open an internet explorer page where
albumplayer doesn't!