[Wine] recently moved to 1.1.25, no wine-pthread command

Pro_D wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 8 14:18:07 CDT 2009

I have done some reading and gather than wine-pthread was dropped somewhere around 1.1.19.

Problem I have is that I have an application (newsleecher) which effectively never starts up (gave it 10 minutes at one point, used 100% cpu the whole time) with strait wine command on the older wine version, I think 1.0.something, came with ubuntu 8.04 in one of the unsupported repositories.  It starts up in a reasonable time frame (up to 30 seconds) with wine-pthread but that command isn't available in 1.1.25.

Is there a way to force pthread in wine 1.1.25?  I hunted the man pages and google to no avail.  Some sites implied that since 1.1.19 or so it's been automatic but 1.1.25 it doesn't seem to be the case considering the program's behavior as of now.

I moved to this version as apparently the version I had contained a bug with ssl.