[Wine] Re: recently moved to 1.1.25, no wine-pthread command

Pro_D wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 8 16:16:24 CDT 2009

OK, so I found openssl binaries for windows, installed them (and the VC++ 2008 redistributables) and tested ssl with openssl.  I know I was using the windows version as the windows and linux version I have are different.

Test worked.

So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling newsleecher again, now it works EXCEPT it still starts SLOWLY.

So, original problem remains with no solution: wine-pthread needed (well, some way to force pthread in wine).  I did find one entry where someone made a backup copy of wine-pthread from an older wine install and that works for them but I am not that good with linux yet.  I suppose I could uninstall wine, disable wine repositories for latest version, and lock myself in on whatever version comes with 8.04 from official repositories.