[Wine] install totaly messed up

bbunlock wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 8 17:47:35 CDT 2009

I have just moved to a new server and transfered all my files over etc and also installed wine using yum, however I had a script on my site that used wine (via exec command) that no longer worked after the transfer to the new server.

I tried a few things on the server thinking it was a problem with current setup but got nowhere, I then uninstalled wine via "yum erase wine" and reinstalled but still no luck getting the script to work, I then addred the &> out.txt to the end of the command line argument for wine to log any error and it had the following line of text "wine: cannot open /root/.wine : Permission denied".

I loged in to the server via ssh and tried the command via ssh and it worked fine but it would not work via the script, but I was loged in as root I loged out and loged in as the user for the website and when I ran the very same command and I got the following error.

> preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00110000-60000000
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
This same script worked perfectly well on the old server but its just not having it on this server.

the script is obviously trying to run as root from the website becuase of the "/root/.wine" part of the error I mentioned above when I imagine it should be running as the account user becuase the account user also has a .wine folder in my home folder "/home/mysite/.wine"

can anyone offer any advice on getting this to run as the normal user without the reserve range error

regards

wayne