[Wine] Re: Naturally speaking + Wine better, the audio not so good

atlpcug wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 9 09:49:22 CDT 2009

In attempting to install Dragon Naturally Speaking 7.0, many of us  have gotten the message "DNS requires...at least 128MB RAM.  Your system has -673MB RAM."  The setup program sees negative RAM on systems with over 2G.

There's a patch posted for for this Bug 15708, LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag.  It appears to also apply to some Adobe products.

Since the patch is already out there, is it possible to release the next iteration compiled WITH the patch?  I tried compiling my own WINE using the patch, but it caused problems and after installing all the required dependencies, the WINE I compiled didn't work at all.

I don't see Bug 15708 in the list of Bugs Scheduled to be Fixed before WINE 2.0 is released.  There appears to be a simple patch that fixes it.  Would it be possible to incorporate that patch into the next Wine_1.1.26?