[Wine] F.E.A.R.

Regthmare wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 10 19:52:39 CDT 2009

Well, I want to get FEAR working on my jaunty install.

I have already got it to install, I applied the FEAR patch, and noCD'd it. But when I try to start it, it doesn't do anything. I've been looking around and I got this page:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=5159&iTestingId=12223

Now, I'm seeing stuff about "1. Put native d3dx9_36.dll to your game or system32 folder", and "4. Change
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D\OffscreenRenderingMode
to "fbo" to get better fps and Pixel Doubling/Soft Shadows working" but I don't know how to do these. Can someone explain a little bit for me? Thanks.