[Wine] Major Bug while trying to run winecfg

pdrass pdrass at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 15:41:32 CDT 2009

For anyone that has this error:

"err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated"

I'm using GNewSense 2.2 with Wine-1.1.25 the bleeding edge of course,
nothing less for us beta testers!

Installing Office 2007 and I couldn't get past that problem, the installer
would crash and I assume any Microsoft installer would crash that requires
at least a 1024x768 screen resolution on your client with 24 bit color
depth.

I had my monitor on the right resolution but not the right color depth, once
I changed my x11 config to change my color depth to 24 pixels the install
got past the error.

So: Fix = make sure your resolution settings and color depth meet your
minimum M$ application requirements!

Peace out!