[Wine] Games that installed before... now won't, what changed?

myxomatosii wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 13 16:04:33 CDT 2009

the games i'm dealing with are eq and eq2. both the same error so i'm thinking its a wine issue and not a game specific issue

i'll list my error here as best possible, and note that i have found "fixes" to this problem but have no idea what anyone in those "fix" threads are talking about. just search my error #, on this site or google and you'll get a result.
so here we go

if anyone posts a link to some help.. i may actually need help, understanding the help, so keep that in mind if you can =/

myxo at myxopc:~/Desktop$ wine EQ2.exe
err:service:load_reg_multisz Error 1804 while reading value L"DependOnService"
err:service:scmdatabase_load_services Error 1804 reading registry key for service L"TVersityMediaServer" - skipping
fixme:storage:StgCreateDocfile Storage share mode not implemented.
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x331510) using GetSystemInfo()
myxo at myxopc:~/Desktop$

screenshot of the error below

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9821/screenshot145.png