[Wine] Strange behaviour of start menu entry

elektronaut wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 14 17:26:56 CDT 2009

Hi,

I installed a program which also adds a start menu entry for viewing a HTMLHelp file. But there is some error, the HTMLHelp viewer within Wine is launched, the content pane to the left is displayed, but no text appears to the right.
So I wanted to use kchmviewer instead. I manually edited the call in the start menu entry to use kchmviewer instead. I tested this call on the command line, it works. But when I click on it, the original Wine HTMLHelp viewer is started again!?

Here's the original call:

Code:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/elektronaut/.wine" wine "C:\windows\command\start.exe" "C:\Programme\Akademische Arbeitsgemeinschaft\Steuerprogramm\2009\TaxBook.chm"

Here's the new call:

Code:
kchmviewer "/home/elektronaut/.wine/drive_c/Programme/Akademische Arbeitsgemeinschaft/Steuerprogramm/2009/TaxBook.chm"

Strange!