[Wine] Re: F.E.A.R.

Regthmare wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 15 16:50:59 CDT 2009

Well, I keep checking the guides for install the ATI drivers, and I ran into this:

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Jaunty_Installation_Guide#Installing_the_drivers_manually

Read that section. It says that in Jaunty the ATI proprietary drivers for the Xpress series aren't supported anymore. So, I installed the "ati" open source driver, and it give me problems and would freeze on me within a minute of starting the computer. But if you read this:

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Jaunty_Installation_Guide#Open_Source_Drivers

It says ubuntu will already try and use one of those drivers. Anything I'm missing?

Well, is there anyway to install just the "radeon" driver that is described here?:

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Jaunty_Installation_Guide#Open_Source_Drivers

It says limited 3D for newer cards, and my card isn't new.