[Wine] Install error with DAZ Studio

abelundercity wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 16 13:18:35 CDT 2009

I'm trying to install DAZ Studio under Wine and immediately after the splash screen it crashes out and I get a window with the following message:

> Error creating directory C:/Program Files/***unknown variable system_temp_directory***

The DAZ Studio version is 3.0.1.135 for Windows.  I'm running Wine 1.1.12 under Ubuntu 9.04 with GNOME 2.26.1.  My video card is an nVidia GeForce 6200 LE.  There's already a post about this problem in the DAZ forums from a couple of months ago with no apparent solution, so I thought I'd try it from the other end.

Any help would be appreciated, especially if said help was the "for Dummies" version.  :D