[Wine] Re: Warcraft 3 ubuntu 9.04 wine 1.1.20 crash

int2ag0n wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 18 03:45:49 CDT 2009

Hello guys.
Sorry for not replying for so long ( i was on holiday).
 I managed to play warcraft (dota maps)  flawlessly for  about 4 hours. However the game after 4 to 5 hours exits with an error that occured in War3x.mpq file (i think it has to do with the nocd crack , not with wine. I use wine version 1.1.20 in ubuntu 9.04 with the latest updates. I think that the tweaks in order to play without crashes is in the display settings of the game. Particularly i play the game with the following settings :
res: 1600x1200x32
Model Detail: Low
Animation Quality: Low
Texture Quality: Low
Particles: Medium
Lights : Low
Unit Shadows :On
Occlusion: On
Spell Detail: Medium

I recommend you start lowering the settings in order to test it , if you haven't done it already.

I ran the game from the shortcut of the euroloader program of Eurobattle.net on the desktop containing this command :

Code:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/internat/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\euroloader.exe" -opengl -window

As i mentioned in previous post i have amd 9850 , 8gb ram 1066 , a sapphire 4850 512mb(the ati propriety driver) in a sapphire PC-AM2RD790 mobo.