[Wine] Re: Resolution changes sometimes rearranging desktop

superlgn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 18 12:37:38 CDT 2009

Thanks for the info.. I vaguely recall seeing the scrolling thing with FarCry, which is something I would have probably played in the early 0.9 days. If that's the result, I'd rather not change anything. :P Like I said earlier, it doesn't happen all the time and manually using xrandr (xrandr -s 800x600) doesn't trigger it. It's just one of those things that's always bothered me and I thought I'd ask, guess I'll just have to keep dealing..

I wonder if removing all other X modes except for the native resolution for my lcd would be a way to stop it. That would just be for the first run of the game, until I could crank the resolution up. Having a quick and easy reproducible test case would be a place to start. Is there a particular xrandr command (some option) that's known to cause this?