[Wine] Re: program fails to enumerate COM ports

leniviy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 18 14:13:41 CDT 2009

Martin, do you have anything here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceClasses\{86e0d1e0-8089-11d0-9ce4-08003e301f73}
?

I guess there are several ways for a program to detect com ports. Some don't work under wine though.
For example, I launched hyperterm from XP and it showed me the ports I manually added to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM, but it crushes when SERIALCOMM key is empty

I wonder whether LG PC Sync uses some windows API or scans the registry itself. When less busy, will try to recreate all the needed keys.