[Wine] Re: [Fixed] [Wine 1.1.0] C&C3 Kane will not start

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 19 13:26:49 CDT 2009

wastedfluid wrote:
> Apply patches 1.2 - 1.9, and the no-cd patch appeared to work.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi there.

Can you play C&C3 now?

It worked installing here but I can't run it. It shows the splash screen and then it disappears.

I've also applied the 1.9 patch.

- Running from the terminal doesn't output any errors
- Already copied the d3d9.dll to  windows/system32
- Already disabled all sound modules
- Applied CNC3_patch109_english.exe
- I'm Running wine 1.1.23, in the Appdb the last comment states that it works perfectly in this version.

So I want to make this work but haven't got any other clues of what to try next.

My next option is to update wine to the latest dev package.

Any help?

Please share if you made this work.