[Wine] Re: WINE install of Dreamweaver MX fails

shobuz99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 19 19:06:35 CDT 2009

I thought I should let everyone know that I have solved my problems with my graphics driver & card and I was able to successfully install Dreamweaver MX 2004.
I also installed an updated Wine (1.1.26) through pkg updater along with the Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28-14-generic update.

I followed the instructions that were given previously, and all went well. The MDAC message did appear, but everything else seemed to go well.
I did see some strange "fixme:" messages; but I forgot to save them to a file for your review. I should have, I know; because even though Dreamweaver is installed now, and wine is configured to run dreamweaver.exe in the Wine application list; I can't get dreamweaver to launch using wine, or wine program loader, or the command 'wine start' from terminal, or trying to launch it from the folder in drive_c/program files/macromedia/dreamweaver.exe....
I think those messages should be in one of the logs, correct?
Is anyone still interested in helping me with this?

Again, thanks for all the help you have already given me.
I appreciate it.

Rick (shobuz99)[/b]