[Wine] Same app at different OSs

yark wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 20 20:06:48 CDT 2009

Why same app can works on linuxes, but MacOS? Any differences in wine was builded on linux or MacOS?

I'm about Themida related apps. So CommFort chat client (4.4 MB) (http://www.commfort.com/download/commfort_client.zip) http://www.commfort.com/en/index.shtml packed by Themida (http://www.oreans.com) works under Wine at linuxes but at MacOS i've get "Cannot open oreans.vxd driver" error.
Strange - i've set OS emulating as WinXP, so driver must be .sys or so.
Any sugestion how to fix this? I'm pretty shure, that it's trivial issue 'cause that app correctly works on linuxes. (Please can anybody confirm that?)

I'm under MacOS 10.5.7 and as sugested here: http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=26135#26135 was updating XQuartz to version 2.3.3.2 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple42).
But configuring ends with some warnings:

Code:
configure: libhal/libdbus 32-bit development files not found, no dynamic device support.
configure: libgnutls 32-bit development files not found, no schannel support.
configure: libsane 32-bit development files not found, scanners won't be supported.
configure: libgphoto2 32-bit development files not found, digital cameras won't be supported.
configure: liblcms 32-bit development files not found, Color Management won't be supported.
configure: libcapi20 32-bit development files not found, ISDN won't be supported.

configure: WARNING: libjpeg 32-bit development files not found, JPEG won't be supported.

Also i'm trying to use wine-devel from macports: http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=wine

So still no result.