[Wine] Re: wine: /intended/PREFIXdirectory/not owned by you

Indubitableness wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 23 16:35:26 CDT 2009

This is how the partition is mounted. This is from the fstab

/dev/sdb1        /media/Iomega_HDD ntfs-3g     umask=000        1   0

I also thought maybe that NTFS would cause problems, but in this case I don't have a lot of choice. This is a shared backup drive for windows and linux and I am unwilling to shrink it and make further partitions, although I could.

I've found a different solution. I'm making wine prefixes and backing them up on this drive as tar.gz files. It's still not what I wanted to do, but it's perfectly viable. If anyone knows why I'm getting this error I would still love to find out and would appreciate the help but it's no longer vitally important for my plan.