[Wine] How to lock a sounddriver to application?

arjenv wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 24 01:25:56 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am able to run several applications (games) using Wine. Some apps work fine with the ALSA driver, some with the OSS. I noticed it is only possible to set the wine sound driver as a default setting, so for all apps at once. This means I have to select the appropriate sound driver which goes with a certain application. This is frustrating, and hard to explain to my wife and children  :?

Is there a way to make wine use a particular sound driver for an application? Why is it not possible to make the sound driver a application specific setting?

Kind regards,

Arjen, Holland

Ps, I run latest stable wine under Ubuntu 9.04