[Wine] Cannot install Matlab 5.3 R11

juanE wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 24 13:23:52 CDT 2009

Hi everybody:
Thanks for reading.

I'm a Linux Debian Lenny user. I'm trying to install Matlab 5.3 R11 through wine-1.0.1-174-gc4039bd.  The SETUP.EXE runs correctly.

The problem is when I enter the PLP (Personal License Password) required. I'm sure that the PLP is correct, but "matlab says not". The message is:
"The PLP you have entered is incorrect. Check your PLP starts with the release number (11) and then reenter it". And, of course, I cannot continue the installation.

What is happening?
Do I have to set up anything in wine to install  Matlab 5.3?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.