[Wine] Re: Automate wine configuration (drives and registry)

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 25 11:54:38 CDT 2009

phual wrote:
> - creating a DVD drive in winecfg

Wine should detect all attached drives automatically. If you adding a loop device (mounted ISO image) just make a simlink to it under $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices ex:

Code:
ln -s /media/my_iso $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices/d:

If WINEPREFIX is not set, it's defaults to $HOME/.wine

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> Probably a job for sed or gawk - the registries are text files, so a scriptable text editor (sed) or a general purpose text manipulator (gawk) can do it.

Do NOT even think about it!!! DO NOT EVER touch Wine's registry with text editor, unless you fine with totally corrupting it and/or loosing all your changes.

If you need to add / modify registry, use ... registry files. This part works the same as windows. Make a .reg file, then import it with 'regedit file.reg'.