[Wine] Re: Cant use deadkeys in Portuguese keyboard

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 25 13:25:46 CDT 2009

Hi, I'm also a portuguese user.

This is probably related to the software, I must agree. I have some software which does not recognize dead keys in either Windows or Wine, but I _DO_ have software which works on BOTH Windows and Wine.

Besides that, I am using Ubuntu Intrepid, but have Wine working on Hardy and Jaunty installs too. In all three cases word works

> No is not, it must be somekind of font or whatever. Cause everysingle application in Wine makes that problem instead of é i got a ´e

How can you think that the presence of two sequential characters can be related to a font issue?? If there are two, then they are two individual characters and it doesn't matter which font is leading it.

Does this happen to you in ALL apps? Test with 'wine notepad'

Also, try to upgrade wine, maybe (I doubt it) it will help.

Jorl17