[Wine] Help! How to mix win32 and native os calls in code?

droidvideo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 26 10:40:46 CDT 2009

Hi
I have a tool that I am running under Mac version of Wine. What I am
doing is installing the tool under wine (i.e wine <path to installer
pkg.exe>) and then running it from wine.
It uses an api to capture current screen (BitBlt api). Under Mac, it
is capturing the X windows frame buffer instead of native Quartz frame
buffer. I have source code for this tool. I am thinking of replacing
Windows api for screen capture with Mac's native apis.
I am wondering if someone can point me in right direction.

a) How do I find in code if I am running under regular win32 or wine?
If wine, how do I find host OS (i.e Is it Linux or OS X?)

b) Lets say I know some how what OS the exe is running. I want to call
say LeopardCaptureScreen() on Mac. One way is to include
corresponding .h and link implicitly. But it won't compile under
windows. Any pointers on how to separate this logic in such a way that
the mac code can be compiled on Mac and be loaded under wine.

c) Any pointers on how to capture current screen on Mac OS X. I know
it should be posted under Mac forum, thought of asking here as lot of
smart people are reading this forum.

Thanks for your help
Joe