[Wine] Re: no subject

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 26 16:02:21 CDT 2009

Cloudef wrote:
> May i ask what is this application that needs new Wineprefix after each Wine update? Sounds weird to me.

Some applications need special circumstances, like some native library that overrides Wine's implementation, but could possibly break other applications, or you wouldn't want to clutter up your "normal" Wine installation. In cases like these it's useful to have two seperate Wineprefixes for the two different "cases". Think of it as two versions of Windows where one lets you run that older app and the other lets you run that newer app.

It's also very useful for debugging, as mentioned.