[Wine] Re: Help! How to mix win32 and native os calls in code?

droidvideo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 26 22:51:51 CDT 2009

Hi
If Wine doesn't have an api to detect Wine vs native Win32, I can check for $WINEPREFIX and use that to detect Wine. Not a big deal. I appreciate if you can point me to a better method.
What is not clear is how you can call into native .so from win32 code. I saw some interesting posts on this forum before when someone tried to include this functionality into Wine (Search for winegate.dll). I don't want to compile my whole code against winelib as my app is MFC based. Compiling MFC against winelib seems a daunting task. I don't have time and resources to pursue that route.
The tool that I am trying to run needs access to native Quartz frame buffer not the X11 frame buffer which is what wine provides. I need to call Leopard api from Win32 app. Some one pointed that it can be accomplished using wine_dlopen/wine_dlsym type calls. I couldn't find any examples.
I will look more.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Joe