[Wine] Help printing please!!!

estranged1977 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 27 02:17:49 CDT 2009

Hi everyone, well I need some help using wine and printing, my problem is very specific.

In a little market Im workin now, the owners decided to run Linux in all the computers, everything went perfect, even the control and accountability software that was running over Visual Fox Pro, till I deal with printing...

Thing is that if I use one function of the application that prints a report for example it works fine, I can select the printer and send the order and it works without problems, BUT when I try to use the MOST IMPORTANT function that is to send a sell ticket to the ticket printer it doesn't do anything.

The differences betwen both situations is that in the last one the program just print without any dialog, son the printers must be included in the configuration panel of the application, in this case is a network printer that works fine under linux using a print-server. In the original installation the printer appears in the configuration like \\printer1\tickets and it works in windows computers.

I believe is a problem in the way I use to put the printer under wine, because if in the other way works perfect when a dialog appears I don't know why the same printer does not work when it use the internal configuration in the program.

What I should do?? How I must put a printer in the program so wine can recognize it and send the print order???

If the network is the problem with wine is there a way to make wine believes all the printers installed on the linux system with cups even if they are network share, can be readed by wine like locals???

Please help me...this is the only problem that stop us to use the entire software under linux, all the other features works perfect under wine, eveything...it just the print issue that I can't make it work...

Thanks-...