[Wine] Microphone Issues (Wine 1.0.1 & Ubuntu Jaunty)

PureLoneWolf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 27 05:45:42 CDT 2009

Hi all

I cannot get my microphone to work under Wine - It is absolutely fine on Ubuntu (Jaunty), as I use Skype without issues.

I am connecting to my motherboard mic socket.  Pulseaudio was apt-get purged from my system months ago and I run Alsa.  I tried selecting OSS, but as this locks any other devices, I get no sound.

I noticed though, under the Audio Settings in Wine Configuration, ALSA doesn't show a "Wave In" device.  I assume that this will block the mic.  How can I get an ALSA Wave In device setup/installed?

Many thanks