[Wine] Re: Wine 1.1.23 OS X NVIDIA String Error

krslynx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 27 12:54:25 CDT 2009

cd'd to the folder, and then wine'd the application however the same nVidia version string error appeared. I had some time last night to read through the offending code, but I don't think I'll have much time until maybe Thursday to create some fixes.

After doing a quick Google, I found that this error had already been reported and this thread seemed to be quite interesting.

http://markmail.org/message/r2tog6al2pfhylkf

> Hi,
>
> as of wine-1.1.21, wine does not recognize the "early 2009" Mac Mini
> OpenGL version string from nVidia:
> err:d3d_caps:IWineD3DImpl_FillGLCaps Invalid nVidia version string: "2.0
> NVIDIA-1.5.44"
>
> The string probably originates from XQuartz' X11.2.3.3.2. The wine
> source code expects a space after NVIDIA. On Linux, the numbers are
> much higher, e.g. "2.1.2 NVIDIA 173.14.09" or "2.1.0 NVIDIA 97.55" -- 2 samples
> from Google.
>
> Before I submit a patch to have wine recognize either space or "-" as
> separator, I'd like to query the list whether it actually makes sense
> to return major = 1, minor = 5, i.e. Apple numbers to a MS-Windows program?
>
> Or should I not care about the useage and just parse the string (i.e. submit
> patch)?
>
> Thanks,
> 	Jörg Höhle

I've checked, and I am running the latest XQuartz and wine versions, so I am assuming that he has either not completed a patch, or it has not been accepted into the main tree.

However, Stefan Dösinger replied not too long after and noted that OpenGL version parsing > nVidia, therefore driving parsing could be removed completely, which is what I am now doing. =)

Thanks for the help!

-krslynx