[Wine] Re: C&C3 won't start

MarcoBR wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 27 18:21:06 CDT 2009

More progress! (kind of)

I have installed DirectX 9c with wine normally yet the game still complains that I haven't installed:

> Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0 or higher installed. Also verify that your video card meets the minimum requirements, and that you do not have hardware acceleration disabled in the Display control panel.

And this is the much larger output with wine 1.1.25:

Code:

[marco at localhost Command & Conquer 3]$ wine CNC3.exe
fixme:debugstr:CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent (0xffffffff)->(0x335fc48): Stub!
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0xd8): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x18c): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x190): stub
fixme:d3d9:D3DPERF_GetStatus (void) : stub
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x335e814,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:font:WineEngAddFontResourceEx Ignoring flags 30
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x1a8): stub
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSwapChain The app requests more than one back buffer, this can't be supported properly. Please configure the application to use double buffering(=1 back buffer) if possible
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1024x768x0 @0! (XRandR)
err:d3d:getColorBits Unsupported format: WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN
err:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Unable to get color bits for format WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN (0)!
err:d3d:getColorBits Unsupported format: WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN
err:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Unable to get color bits for format WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN (0)!
err:d3d:CreateContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSwapChain Failed to create a new context
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSwapChain (0x151d68) Something's still holding the front buffer
fixme:d3d9:IDirect3DDevice9Impl_CreateAdditionalSwapChain (0x151d38) call to IWineD3DDevice_CreateSwapChain failed
err:d3d9:device_parent_CreateSwapChain (0x151d3c) CreateAdditionalSwapChain failed, returning 0x8876086a
fixme:d3d9:IDirect3D9Impl_CreateDevice (0x13bd28) D3D Initialization failed for WineD3DDevice 0x151d68
err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 800x600x0 @0! (XRandR)
err:d3d:getColorBits Unsupported format: WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN
err:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Unable to get color bits for format WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN (0)!
err:d3d:getColorBits Unsupported format: WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN
err:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Unable to get color bits for format WINED3DFMT_UNKNOWN (0)!
err:d3d:CreateContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSwapChain Failed to create a new context
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_CreateSwapChain (0x16b6a8) Something's still holding the front buffer
fixme:d3d9:IDirect3DDevice9Impl_CreateAdditionalSwapChain (0x155468) call to IWineD3DDevice_CreateSwapChain failed
err:d3d9:device_parent_CreateSwapChain (0x15546c) CreateAdditionalSwapChain failed, returning 0x8876086a
fixme:d3d9:IDirect3D9Impl_CreateDevice (0x13bd28) D3D Initialization failed for WineD3DDevice 0x16b6a8

Sorry for the bumps but this forum doesn't allow post edition.
But that doesn't mean that I'm the only one who can talk here  :o

Any help?