[Wine] Re: Help! How to mix win32 and native os calls in code?

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 27 19:35:21 CDT 2009

droidvideo wrote:
> How do you create separate winelib dll?
> I am assuming the dll can call into native api, but I am wondering how the main win 32 app calls into this dll.
>
> Can you point me to faq or link that talks about this?
>
> Thanks
> Joe

I wouldn't go that way, but to me it seems that if you _must_ use that pathetic alternative, you should separate all OS dependant calls into winelib dlls (google it) which you would then load, but only on the corresponding operating system, or else (if I got it correctly according to what Vitamin said), it won't be able to be run under anything other than Wine. (Correct me if wrong, please).

Why don't you write clean cross-platform code? Maybe using the classic good-old #ifdef macro? There are also many good libs out there...

If you need some documentation:

http://www.winehq.org/winelib
http://www.winehq.org/docs/winelib-guide/index

 |=> http://www.winehq.org/docs/winelib-guide/bindlls

How does it call to this DLL? AFAIK (correct me if wrong) normally: GetProcAddress and etcetera...

Jorl17

PS: Really, please really choose a more safe option.