[Wine] Re: Help testing regression

mildred wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 28 03:52:02 CDT 2009

James,

I don't really care about the ALSA problem, and I don't even think it's a problem, last time I checked (that was long ago, agreed) sound worked. Anyway:

Code:
cannot open `/dev/snd/seq' (No such file or directory)

(the file doesn't exist)

[quote=walt]Just to clarify: did you make an empty directory and then set your WINEPREFIX
to point to it? Was the directory /home/mildred/.local/opt/wine/root ? I'm
asking because I have no such directory in my ~/.local/.[/quote]

I use WINEPREFIX for just about anything. Every application has its own WINEPREFIX and there is nothing interesting for me in ~/.wine.

So yes, I created an empty directory ~/.local/opt/wine/root and set WINEPREFIX to point to it. In fact, my ~/.local directory is where I put anything, I have a ~/.local/bin that is added to my $PATH and a ~/.local/lib added to my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, .... I also have ~/.local/opt that works like /opt (more or less i suppose)

[quote=walt]By the way, did you run winecfg using the same WINEPREFIX before running setup.exe?[/quote]

No, I did not. But doing it doesn't changes anything.

What I did was (with anything cleared in $WINEPREFIX):

Code:
mildred at kylae:wine/wine-git$ ./wine winecfg (to use winecfg of the version of wine I built)
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
wine: configuration in '/home/mildred/.local/opt/wine/root' has been updated.
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
mildred at kylae:wine/wine-git$ ./wine ../...../SETUP.EXE
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
Could not load 'WIN87EM.DLL' required by 'IS20INST', error=2

[quote=walt]I'm sorry Mildred, I'm confused by 'wine is not installed'. Is that a typo?
Did you mean to say something else?[/quote]

No, I was saying that I did a ./configure && make depend && make but I didn't do a make install. Perhaps the wine I just built (./wine) can't find its file because they are not in the standard locations (say /usr) but are still in the build directory.

But I can't really install wine over my existing installation (rpm from fedora). Can I ?