[Wine] Re: OSX Wine and USB Drivers

nucleardreamer wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 28 20:25:50 CDT 2009

I am using a motorola v3 phone as the device i'm trying to read. That makes sense now. Since OSX only reads the device as a serial device with no drivers, you are saying there is no way I can interact with it via wine? Does wine support any kind of serial device interaction at all? Is there a way I can mount the device and then add it as a drive in wine?

I guess the part that I don't understand about wine is how it can interact with drives but not devices.

what im trying to do is config the phone via software thats windows native, basically. I already knew it more than likely not possible, but it's good to know about how wine works.