[Wine] Re: How to run mulitple instances of app, each for unique IP?

maxxjr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jul 29 13:38:19 CDT 2009

austin987 wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:10 PM, maxxjr<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> Use separate WINEPREFIX's.
>
> --
> -Austin

Hi Austin,

I did a quick read on WINEPREFIX's, and I don't think this will do it.  As far as the application goes, it will look like it is running on different PCs.  But when it goes to pull the IP address from the host, I think I need something else to tell it to use eth1 vs. eth0, as an example.  Otherwise, all instances will pull the default eth0 address.

The WINEPREFIX is probably very necessary to keep each instance of the app from overwriting work data, etc. of other instances, so I think this does get me past an issue I had not realized was coming, yet.

Thanks!