[Wine] REPORT NOT COMPLETED

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Wed Jul 29 16:15:29 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 21:19, israelfreire<wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Gert...
>
> What I have to do, to fix, at least the second error?

AFAIK, you need to register the control. (I'm assuming it is a COM
control of some kind)

I'm not sure if the process is correct for this case:
AFAIK it involves getting the DLL / OCX with the conrol on your PC and
running regsvr32 with the DLL as parameter. (warning: My knowledge of
COM / DCOM / ActiveX is mostly a high-level overview and someone else
would probably be able to provide better advice)

IIRC I saw thast some of those interface GUIDs may be related to
database stuff (don't have the page nearby, was either Jet / Access /
MDAC / DAO / ODBC) which you might be able to fix with winetricks. (It
is probably a good idea to start over with a clean WINEPREFIX, back up
the prefix, install one of these components at a time as test)
Wientricks should be used sparingly, since some of the DLLs that it
install can cause some problems. (Other things that you might want to
try (on at a time) with Winetricks is DCOM98)

If you post the full log on a clean WINEPREFIX, someone else might be
able to figure out which winetricks packages might help. (Use pastebin
if it is long)

Gert