[Wine] Open Office install

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Wed Jul 29 18:17:07 CDT 2009

DaVince wrote:
> Why exactly do you need to install the Windows version of OpenOffice.org? There's a Linux version available
I have been using the linux version, but I need to save files in .rtf
format to send to people that are using MS Office (I was asked to use
.rtf instead of .doc, I'm not sure why bit maybe a version issue).

Open Office is making a mess of the file when saving it .rtf, the
formatting is hosed. I was hoping maybe the windows version through wine
would not do that.

> OpenOffice 3.1.0 is still a 3.x version, so it's unlikely that that dependency has changed

Thank you.