[Wine] Running .Net Framework Applications error

manekurt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 30 08:40:12 CDT 2009

Hi everyone, this error has been a real problem to me for the last days. I searched everywhere I could, and the only user who posted an aparent solution, the page is down (http://wine-forum.org/showthread.php?t=121).

Well, the problem is the following. I have written a .NET application, that I need to test in linux. The app is Framework 2.0 based.

So, I installed Wine succesfully, and .Net framework 2.0 and SP1 too. Everything was fine, installed and running. No errores.

The problem comes when I need to run my applicaction. The following error: "install the windows version of mono to run .net executables".

This message doesn´t make sense for me. Because I installed Wine and .Net framework to be used by my applicaction as platform, and not Mono. Mono is the linux alternative for .Net framework, but, whit wine and .Net Framework, there is no need for the alternative.

Is this right? can anyone help me with this?
Thx!