[Wine] Re: How can I detect WINE from my program?

rein wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 1 02:55:32 CDT 2009

majkl wrote:
> And unfortunatelly i cannot develope the project on wine, so i really need to detect wine and just not use this functionality.

The official answer is that you should not detect wine to use or not use functionality. Instead you should detect if functionality exists and use it when available. This should work on all versions of wine and windows

Now it may be difficult to detect transparency, at least I would not know how. But since it is an approved way to handle missing wine functionality that makes it a very good question on the wine developers list.