[Wine] Re: Script Help

mooseranger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 1 19:12:29 CDT 2009

Martin Gregorie:

> run a script (WITHOUT the #! line) as ". script" to run it in your
> original shell

I tried these suggestions and the first time I ran the .script file, it worked!  Then I tried reducing the time from 7 seconds to see if it would still work; it did not.  However, when I changed it back to 7 seconds, it no longer worked and would not work again no matter what I did.  Does anyone have any idea why?

vitamin:

> The only possible reason why it works when manually run and doesn't work from the script - is timing. 5 seconds might not be enough.

I tried it with sleep 20 (much more than enough time) and that still didn't work in the script file, but it works in the terminal.

> Then you might need to do this for a different executable. Some programs, especially games, use a launcher. You want to use the actual game executable instead. You should be able to find it running 'ps -ef' and looking for the actual game process name.

The game starts up with lotrbfem2.exe (what I set the options for before).  After that, it goes to a process "game.dat" - how would I set the options for that?

Thank you guys so much for your help!