[Wine] Re: Gecko issues

creation wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 2 06:01:29 CDT 2009

A. i have removed .wine-doors from my home directory and removed wine-doors from my system with yast  and i removed .wine as well
B. will the test say anything if i uninstalled wine 1.1.21 before installing 1.1.22, is that a good practice ? I run "make uninstall" every time i upgrade from one version of wine to another.

Now i have a fresh .wine directory with no wine-doors and i have installed directx9, gecko, corefonts and vcrun2005sp1 . The good part is that both the description from metin2 and counter strike appears, but for some reason metin2 loads a bit slow now (before when i had both wine and wine-doors installed it loaded faster- but thats not an issue here since nothing is perfect this is just my observation) An small issue however is present when i run metin2: when i move my character in the game some "spots" remain on the screen from the place i have started walking - parts of the ground or mountains depending on my position.

i will post back the results from the regression test. Hope i get it right .